Lab #1 Stuff (Attachment)
To Do Today:
Notes to group: What it is we are doing. We will take our time. Be patient. We have time. We have some tasks, some activities to activate the story. Remember, this is a beginning. Don’t want for more than simple discoveries, just stay interested in the data, the bits that surface. Acknowledge their significance. And remember their significance for later.
Stuff we should do tonight:
· Read surveys to each other- questions: are there similarities? Discuss possible archetypes, threads, and consistencies. What is similar? What is different?
· the conventions of film (pan out, long shot, close up, track, slow motion, lights on/off to tell the story of the object.
1. Pick an object. What about this object is so great? Pick a reason it is great. Tell me why a person could be become attached to such a thing. Now find a personal reason for becoming attached to it and become attached to it. How did you acquire it?
2. Pick one person’s object and story. Make us a composition based on one object.
Title of Show: The Eyeglasses Show
Part 1- the meeting!
Part 2- something happens
Part 3- loss
Part 4 the reunion
· Harangue (group encouragement- total commitment)- loss of stuff- loss of place –tape, your object. Other objects. True stories are better.Stuff Story Perform for me a story with your stuff. Make a play using things. MAke a language out of stuff. Like puppets or dolls or installation art. Show me a story using stuff only. Keep it in four parts. Title each part. Make every moment matter.